The consequences of being medically misdiagnosed or undiagnosed can be very serious; if this has happened to you it is therefore crucial that you are able to seek compensation with the help of an expert legal team. We are highly experienced in claims of this type and can provide all of the advice and support you need.
Get in touch with us today to find out more about how we can help you make a successful medical misdiagnosis claim. Simply give us a call on 0800 014 7481 or leave your details via our online enquiry form and we will call you back at a convenient time.
We place great trust in medical professionals when they look after us, and often accept their professional opinion and the diagnosis they give us. However, GPs and other professionals in the industry are prone to mistakes, just like the rest of us. Unfortunately, when somebody in such a position makes an error, it can have life-altering consequences.
Making a misdiagnosis compensation claim can play an important role in helping - as far as is possible - in returning your life to how it was prior to this incident.
Types of Misdiagnosis
Misdiagnosis claims can usually be split into two categories:
- Misdiagnosis - This is when a medical professional gives a diagnosis, but this diagnosis is incorrect. This can, obviously, have very serious implications, with an example being somebody informed they either have cancer when they don't or that they don't have cancer when they do
- Non diagnosis - This is the term given when a medical professional fails to make a diagnosis and it is later found that the patient is suffering from an illness or injury. For example, a person may visit a GP on several occasions but the GP fails to identify an illness
There are various ways in which a medical professional may make mistakes that can lead to an illness or injury either not being diagnosed at all or being diagnosed incorrectly. Examples include:
- A failure to examine you properly
- A failure to refer you to a specialist
- Inaccurately interpreted test results
We are able to deal with all types of medical misdiagnosis claims and will provide the help and support you need at what we understand can be a particularly difficult time. Some of the more common examples we have come across include misdiagnosis of:
Talk to Us
Our team of expert solicitors can help you make a claim that is not only successful, but also as stress-free as possible. We know that you and your family have gone through a lot, and this is why we aim to work with great efficiency, doing the hard work so that you don't have to worry about it.