If you have suffered complications linked to diabetes and believe it to have been the fault of a medical professional, or if you believe diagnosis of diabetes was missed or misdiagnosed, you could make a diabetes compensation claim with Hospital Negligence. We can provide the expert guidance you need to ensure the process is as stress-free as possible and gives you the best chance of success.
If you believe that you developed diabetes because of negligent medical care, speak to our specialist solicitors today. Call us on 0800 014 7481 or fill in our online contact form and we will call you to discuss your claim in more detail.
Diabetes is a condition that leads to a person's blood sugar level becoming too high and there are two main types: type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. Type 1 diabetes involves the body's immune system attacking cells that produce insulin, and type 2 involves the body either not producing enough insulin or the cells not reacting to the insulin.
Diabetes can go untreated if medical professionals fail to spot the signs and symptoms of the condition, which can lead to a delay in diagnosis and the development of further complications. It is important that anyone who suffers from diabetes and feels that poor care from medical professionals contributed to or exacerbated their condition seeks legal help to find out more about the options available to them.
Medical errors that can result in a delayed diagnosis include:
- The importance of your complaints not being recognised
- Inaccurate test results
- Inappropriate patient treatment
- Failure to refer you to the appropriate specialist
- Misinterpretation of test results
Symptoms of diabetes
- Frequent urination, particularly at night
- Excessive thirst
- Unexplained and unexpected weight loss (Type 1 only)
- Fatigue and irritability
- Blurred vision
You may be able to make a claim if:
- Untreated, or delayed treatment of, diabetes resulted in diabetic retinopathy
- You had to have an amputation that was avoidable
- You were not prescribed the correct medication
- You have received inadequate care in the community that lead to an injury
- You, or a loved one, were not given a care plan and the results were fatal
Talk to us
For more information on how Hospital Negligence can help you make a successful diabetes compensation claim, contact us today. Either 0800 014 7481 or fill in our online contact form and we will call you back.