Delayed or Failed Diagnosis
- Delayed diagnosis of internal bleeding results in psychological damage - £15,000
- Failure to diagnose eye condition - £50,000
- Poor care from opticians leads to lost vision - £775,000
- Death from septicaemia after failure to diagnose
- Poor care for giant cell arteritis causes permanent blindness - £750,000
- Ultrasound fails to detect Spina Bifida - £120,000
- Delay in diagnosing compartment syndrome - £55,000
- GPs fail to refer mother to skin specialist causing delay in diagnosis- £25,000
- Permanent paralysis of face due to delay in diagnosis - £20,000
Although most medical care is provided to a very high standard, there is always the risk that something can go wrong. Unfortunately, delays in diagnosis can and do happen, which can lead to delayed treatment and can ultimately hinder your ability to recover from an injury or ailment. If you have been the victim of a delay in diagnosis, it is important you seek expert legal help.
To start your delayed diagnosis compensation claim with Hospital Negligence's friendly and passionate team today, call us on 0800 014 7481 or complete our online enquiry form and we'll get back to you.
Read About Delayed Diagnosis Cases We've Dealt With
Types of Delayed Diagnosis
There are many different examples of a diagnosis not being made when it should, and some of the most common areas of delayed or misdiagnosis include:
- Breast cancer misdiagnosis
- Bowel cancer misdiagnosis
- Other types of cancer misdiagnosis
- Undiagnosed fractures
- Errors made during Accident and Emergency visits
- Orthopaedic errors
Causes of Delayed Diagnosis
A diagnosis may be missed or not made for any number of reasons, but some of the more common include:
- Mistakes when reading an X-ray
- Failure to read or act on an X-ray
- Not responding properly to test results
- Medication not being prescribed when it should
Why Choose Hospital Negligence?
At Hospital Negligence, we are hugely experienced in helping clients get the compensation they deserve after suffering misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis, regardless of the injury or ailment suffered.
We always take a passionate and professional approach, helping to make the process as stress-free as possible by carefully guiding you every step of the way. We leave no stone unturned to make sure you get the outcome you're after.
Talk to Us
If you have suffered because of a delay in treatment or a misdiagnosis and believe you may be entitled to make a medical negligence claim, get in touch with our friendly team to discuss the next steps. Either call us on 0800 014 7481 or complete our online enquiry form.