There are always risks when surgery is carried out, but if a complication emerges as a result of the hospital or surgeon acting incorrectly, a surgical negligence claim could be made.
If you need advice from a solicitor about whether or not you can claim compensation, contact us today. Do so by calling for free on 0800 014 7481 or by completing our enquiry form. Our team is highly experienced in dealing with claims of this type and will provide all the guidance you need, making a potentially complex as simple and stress-free as possible.
Making a Surgical Negligence Claim
Undergoing an operation is something most people dread. While surgery will often run smoothly, there is always the risk that something might go wrong. Sometimes, this will be as a consequence of substandard healthcare or management, meaning the patient may be entitled to compensation if they have been subjected to avoidable injury or illness.
We deal with many different types of surgical negligence, including:
- Cosmetic and plastic surgery
- Failed vasectomies
- Gynaecological surgery
- Keyhole surgery
- Laser eye surgery
- Objects left in the body
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Spinal surgery
- Testicular Torsion
- Vascular surgery
While all forms of surgery carry an element of risk, below are some of the more commonplace examples of surgical errors:
- Mistakes made during cardiovascular surgery
- Gastroenterological surgery errors
- Patients being awake, unable to speak and feeling pain when they should be under anaesthetic (also known as anaesthetic awareness)
- Botched ear, nose and throat surgery
- Medical equipment left inside patients following surgery
- Damage to vital organs due to negligent surgical techniques
Errors made during surgical procedures can have very serious consequences, so it is of the utmost importance that mistakes are kept to a minimum. When a person suffers as a result of a surgical error, it is imperative they get the compensation to which they are entitled.
Talk to Us
If you, a family member or a friend have suffered due to surgical negligence, ring us today to speak to one of our specialist solicitors, who can advise you on what to do next. Do so by calling for free on 0800 014 7481 or by filling out our enquiry form.
- Negligent Cataract Surgery - £15,000
- Drain left in breast - £2,000
- Equipment not available during operation causes problem - £5,500
- Man loses leg because of clerical error - £175,000
- Pressure injury sustained in operating theatre - £4,250
- Wrong advice on kidney transplant - £625,000
- Negligent removal of thumb splinter - £5,000
- MRSA infection leaves disfiguring scars - £45,000
- Poor out of hours care leads to leg amputation - £340,000
- Retained swab following caesarean section - £5,500
- Foreign object left in patient’s back during spinal surgery - £250,000
- Foot burned during C-section - £5,500
- Unnecessary surgery leads to scarring, pain and suffering- £8,500
- Gastric bypass surgery goes wrong - £7,500