Medical and Hospital Negligence
Medical negligence is defined as a breach of the duty of care by a healthcare professional. It is also commonly called clinical negligence or, when the error occurs in a hospital, hospital negligence.
Instances of hospital negligence can include delays in diagnosis or misdiagnosis because of a failure by a doctor or nurse to follow appropriate diagnostic procedure; mistakes made during procedures or surgery which lead to injuries; mistakes made in prescribing or administering medication by a doctor or a chemist or neglectful care by hospital staff which leads to complications – including psychological injury.
What to do about negligence
If you have been a victim of medical or hospital negligence in the last 3 years, you may be able to recover damages. Compensation may include payment for:
- Loss of income, including income you may have earned in future
- Cost of any specialist medical care, retrospectively and for the future
- Medical expenses and prescriptions
- Pain and suffering including psychological damage
- Loss of quality of life
- Reduced employment prospects
- Legal expenses
Although legal action must be initiated within three years, there are some exceptions to this rule:
- Where a child is the victim, the three year claim period begins from his or her 18th birthday. Parents or legal guardians may begin a claim in the child's behalf before they turn 18, however.
- For clinical negligence, where the injury may not be immediately apparent, the claim period begins at the point where the injury was discovered.
- Where the victim has a mental incapacity the time limit may not apply.
- Judges can override time limits if they believe there is a solid legal reason to do so.
What HospitalNegligence can do for you
Our solicitors have successfully claimed millions of pounds in damages for patients for a wide variety of medical injuries from serious brain injuries to neglect. Our solicitors believe in ongoing education to ensure they are at the forefront of their profession and they will put all their skill and knowledge to work for you to ensure you win the maximum amount of compensation for which you qualify.
We have dealt with every possible type of medical negligence claim, including:
- Hospital negligence
- Negligence by GPs
- Mistakes made by maternity services
- Claims for poor nursing care
- Care home negligence
- Accident and emergency claims
- Claims about community midwives and district nurses
We'll Ensure That You Get A Fair Deal
We are not a claims management company; from the very start of your claim you will deal with a specialist firm of clinical negligence solicitors. You will never have to deal with any inexperienced managers or middlemen. Your solicitor will keep you fully updated in writing and will always be available to discuss your claim on the telephone.
Contact us now for Specialist Legal Advice
Just complete the contact form and a specialist firm of medical negligence solicitors will telephone you at no charge and with no obligation. You deserve the best so don't settle for less.
Alternately, you can call us on 0800 014 7481 and speak to one of our specialists.